I've told my kids before that after 8:30pm, I am no longer "Mom"; I become "Amy" and Amy is NOT nice.
I have a hard time being patient and kind around bedtime. I made the decision before my kids were born that they would go to bed early because I so want my downtime. I'm selfish that way.
Last week Landon was out of town and I was putting the boys to bed by myself for the third night (I know there are those of you whose husbands are gone way more than mine, so I apologize for whinging after only 3 nights). I was grouchy and testy and tired. I found myself snapping at the boys to "hurry up so we can say prayers already!" in a really mean voice. (I'm more than aware of the irony in that command.)
Finally....the boys were in bed and I kissed them goodnight and as I turned the light off, Ethan said from the top bunk, "Goodnight, Amy."
I burst out laughing and so did Ethan and Henry and I tried to redeem myself by apologizing and giving them some loves.
Touche'.
3 comments:
I wish you could hear and see my laughing right now. Tears streaming. This is GREAT. Best kid story I've heard in a long time.
And I really am the exact same way. Selfish and Amyish too after 8pm.
That is hysterical! I love that kid. And you. My brother always says that he thinks in hell we will be listening to Kenny G and putting our kids to bed 24 hours a day! Too true!!!
So good! What a smarty pants Ethan is! I like it! I still remember the time my grandma called you after 8:30 once... I still feel really bad about that.
Post a Comment